Rumor - ABC TV preping Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin off

Posted by Jeff Labels: , ,

Clark Greg as Phil Coulson carving on the wall.
Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Marvel TV Studios are preparing a spinoff of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  

Rumors suggest that executive producer Jeffrey Bell (Angel, The X-Files) and writer Paul Zbyszewski (Lost, Hawaii Five-0) have been handed the assignment to create the spin-off.  It is an interesting pairing to say the least.

Well we don't know any details beyond it is in the early stages of development it hasn't stopped the rumor mill from cranking up.   So I will add mine.

Currently we have two S.H.I.E.L.D.s in play, one lead by Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and the other by Robert Gonzales (Edward James Olmos) that are diametric opposites in nature.  I have complained (whined incessantly) that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  needs to have this dichotomy to be successful almost from day one.   I think this situation is going to continue, with Gonzales' team working on the "ordinary" threats and Coulson's team working the "extra-ordinary" threats in season three.

I am guessing the new team will have Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) partnering with a new character cough Agent Abigale Brand cough investigating extra-terrestrial threats. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment