2015 Marvel Film Rankings - Captain America: The First Avenger - Number 19

Posted by Jeff Labels: ,



Captain America: The First Avenger
Released 2011
Final Score: 18/34
Jeff: 22/34
Critics: 26/34
Audience: 17/34
Rating: 16/34

2014: 18/32 - Down 2

Steve Rogers, a rejected military soldier transforms into Captain America after taking a dose of a "Super-Soldier serum". But being Captain America comes at a price as he attempts to take down a war monger and a terrorist organization.

What the critics said: With plenty of pulpy action, a pleasantly retro vibe, and a handful of fine performances, Captain America is solidly old-fashioned blockbuster entertainment.

What I said: I so wanna like this film more, but can't.

<sigh> There are parts of this movie I love and enjoy and other parts I cannot stand to watch.   I feel that many people agree with my sentiments.  This movie has the lowest score of audience passion of all 34 movies,  financially speaking its a border line success, not that a return of investment of 185% in its theatrical run is bad by most measures it just average in terms of Marvel Films.


 
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment