X-Men: Days of Future Past - Final Box Office Prediction

Posted by Jeff Labels: , , ,

Lately my Box Office predicting mojo has left me high and dry.   I have completely underestimated both The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Godzilla and now it's time to look at X-Men: Days of Future Past.

My early estimate put the film at $89 M for three days give or take a couple of million.

How do I feel about that number?   Not as good as I did back in April. 

We are looking at a four day weekend and have had two extremely successful box office opening films this month.  

The question that follows is which track will the audience take?   Will the movie follow the more localized X-Men track ($89) or follow the express route shown by the Avengers?

Breaking down the days
Thursday $7.5M to 10M
Friday $23M to $38M
Saturday $32M to $41M
Sunday $20M to $30M
Monday $15M to $30M

Three Day - $82 to $119
Four Day - $97 to $149

So I am going to stick with my estimates ($89 three day and $107 four day), but a lot of other observers have this film tracking a lot higher, in the $125M to $150M for the four day.  I hope I am wrong for a third movie in a row.

0 comments:

Post a Comment