X-Men: Days of Future Past - Box Office Prediction

Posted by Jeff Labels: , , ,

Variety, Entertainment Weekly and a couple of other sources are indicating that Hollywood Insiders are projecting X-Men: Days of Future Past to earn $125 Million on opening weekend.

Wow, what a number.

A projection I saw, again a unnamed Hollywood Insider (and we all know what I think of them) laid out the ground work for a projection with a bell curve, the standard deviation (-1 to +1) was 115 to 135, extended deviation (-2 to +2) 100 to 150.  
For those that want to know a standard deviation of -1 to +1 results in 70% of the most likely scores while extended deviation projects to be 95%.  

My base prediction currently is just a tad under $90 Million, however that doesn't include an Avengers Bump, IE I am not using the Avengers movie in my formula to make a prediction.  There are reasons for this.   When I use the Avengers movie within the formula my model is between $130 and $150 for an extended deviation and $135 to $140 for a Standard Deviation.   That just didn't pass the sniff test for me when I did it and the Avengers was a movie on the edge of the comparable movies. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment