Wolverine and/or Spider-Man in Avengers 3 - Part 2

Posted by Jeff Labels: , ,

Avi Arad, Producer of The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2,  in an interview with the Toronto Sun newspaper.

“I think there are some stories that will fit beautifully into a cross, Spider-Man would be incredible mixed up with those other universes. But if we want to do that, the crossovers, it has to be a story that is absolutely centered on Spider-Man. We cannot be second banana to anything out there. Because this is the king. This is the one that influenced young people from birth. I’m not preaching, but Spider-Man, Peter Parker, who is in all of us, is too important to go in and use it as a sidepiece for corporate purposes. The studio may disagree with me, some fans may disagree with me. I don’t care.”
This continues on the issues of Egos that are currently involved in the multiple Marvel Universes.  

Earlier Avi Arad said "I think I’m probably a little bit of the militant here, I think it will take a moment in which we’ve run out of ideas. There’s so much to tell about Spider-Man. There’s so much to tell about The Sinister Six. The relationship between Spider-Man and Venom will bring a whole other world in.” in talks with IGN.
 
From a studios perspective I think this is all about money, yet from Avi Arad statements its clear he wants to lay down the gauntlet and defend his line in the sand. 
 
Yet there is a clear point to me in his statement.   "The Studio may disagree with me," which clearly indicates this may not be his line in the sand to draw.  In some ways this reinforces my believe that the success of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will in many ways dictate Spider-Mans future.   As the Tomatometer on RottenTomatoes.com decreases and word of mouth from those in other markets have already seen the movie continues to be luke warm at best ... I am sure there will be much more talk in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment