Supposed short list for Spider-Man director's chair

Posted by Jeff Labels:

In a story on Deadline, Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies), Ted Melfi (St. Vincent), Jason Moore (Pitch Perfect), Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite) and John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein (Vacation) are on the very short list for directing the next Spider-Man live action film, with a decision set to be announced by the end of next week.

I have to be brutally honest, at first I thought it was a joke, I mean Drew Goddard was supposedly directing the film already, but I guess with a new notoriously tight wad sherriff in town at SPE, Tom Rothman, maybe...   So I thought about it some more, threw up a little bit in my mouth, and then wondered how bad is the next live action Spider-Man movie going to be.

Let me take a step back, I have long advocated that Andrew Garfield reprise his role as Spider-Man in the Avengers film, and I still do, and than have SPE back fill Miles Morales and Cindy Moon or Mayday Parker into standalone Spider-Man films, I still think that is the way to go there.   

With a list of five actors I don't think could act their way out of wet paper bag (which may or may not be there fault by the way as they have not had the greatest material to work with); Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars), Asa Butterfield (Ender’s Game), Tom Holland (In The Heart of The Sea), Timothee Chalamet (Interstellar) and Liam James (The Killing), were proposed on the short list and then we add this list of directors, I really feel no one at SPE or Marvel has a clue at this point. 

How do you feel?

0 comments:

Post a Comment